[pct-l] If you locked your car keys inside your car

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Fri Aug 25 12:41:27 CDT 2006

------------Pure fiction-------------------------

HINT - always check stories like this with one or both of the two websites listed below before passing them on. Saves later embaressment.

Wandering Bob

"Relaying remote entry system signals via telephone might work if the signals were sound-based, but they're not. An RKE system transmits an encrypted data stream to a receiver inside the automobile via an RF (radio frequency) signal, a signal that can't be effectively relayed via cell phone. (In any event, RKE systems and cell phones typically operate on completely different frequencies; the former in the 300 MHz range and the latter in the 800 MHz range.) "

from http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

Also see http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/l/lockedcardoor.htm