[pct-l] Free food at Drakesbad

csxii at schizoaffective.org csxii at schizoaffective.org
Sat Aug 26 23:54:46 CDT 2006

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=150132

We got to Drakesbad, a cool little resort, about 2. We were welcomed
with open arms, literally, by Ed the man who runs it. Despite the
sweat and dirt, he hugged us both. Then, he had us sit down and
brought us ice water, a trail register, fresh fruit, cookies, scones,
pasta salad. Then, another worker came out and brought us carrot salad
and curried turkey. I went to the bathroom to wash up and when I came
back there was eggplant parmesan, salmon, some portabella mushroom
dish, carrot cake and puffed pastries with fresh blueberries and
raspberries! It was leftover from lunch and no charge to us. They let
us sit there and devour it all; at the same time reminding us four
times that we could take a free shower at the pool. We can take a
hint!