[pct-l] Trail Sandals (was cracked feet)

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Sun Aug 27 19:55:35 CDT 2006

Good evening, Lindy,

In trail sandals, the most important consideration for me is the shape of
the footbed, which is the molded area the foot rests upon.  I need support
for my arches, as do most people, and it is difficult to use a removable
supports in sandals whether they are long, short, or are integral such as
SuperFeet.  The molded sandal footbed that suits me best is in the Chaco Z1
or Z2.  Maybe other Chacos have the same footbed but I've only tried those
two.

The next consideration for me is the strap arrangement, i.e. the size,
location, routing, and adjustment.  Again, I like the Chaco's the best, but
that is an individual feel thing.

Finally, I look for a good, durable trail tread on the bottoms.  The Chacos
have Vibram soles, and can be re-treaded when worn.  Probably other brands
have the same or similar features, but I've only used Chaco and Teva.

Steel-Eye