[pct-l] Cows - Ohlone Wilderness

stillroaming pct at delnorteresort.com
Wed Aug 30 14:06:03 CDT 2006

Now that brings back some memories!

I've done the brutal Del Valle to Rose Peak out and back as a day hike on 5
occasions when I lived in Livermore and numerous shorter hikes in the Ohlone
Wilderness.

The suggested of technique of making yourself large and yelling and general
aggressive behavior works well, but DON'T try this with bulls. Cows and  um,
altered, cattle this will work.

If you're interested in photos of the Ohlone Wilderness, I've got a bunch on
my website:
http://delnorteresort.com/stillroaming/ohlone

Scott Parks

Ahh, yes the Ohlone cows. They were written up in the local newspaper as
being agressive toward hikers. The last time Marcia was out there she asked
about the cows and got this reply from the ranger, "I am not allowed to
comment on the cows."
<<<<