[pct-l] Number of people Hiking

ke sunshinenhugs at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 1 20:26:29 CST 2006

Not only that, Brian, but the ADZPCYKO will happen on the last weekend of April. That's the "official" kick off for thru-hikers so there will be lots of people on the trail and I'm sure some will catch up to you.
  Karen

Craig Stanton <craigstanton at mac.com> wrote:
  Hey man,
I looks like no one has answered your question yet, so though I am
not the most knowledgeable person here I'll take a stab at it. There
are roughly 300 people trying for a complete through-hike each year,
and many start 'alone' but I don't image it would take long to find
out people at similar speeds who want some company too. You'll
certainly not go the first 60 days without seeing anyone., unless you
get really lost :-) I guess nearer the end there may be times when
you don't see people for a while, but you're likely to have found
people to walk with by then anyway. I'm starting it along next year
and to get to know some of the people I'll meet along the way I
joined the PCT2007 yahoo group. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCT2007

~Craig

On 1/12/2006, at 1:31 PM, Brian Quarrier wrote:

> I am hoping to hike the PCT for a school grant, but the person I was
> hoping to hike it with just finked out on me. I was wondering what
> people think about starting it by myself. I have talked to an old
> friend that when he hiked it 30 years ago said that he spent the first
> 60 days by himself. Do you think that there are more people hiking it
> now, or should I really try to find someone else to do it with. I
> would
> be starting the hike around the middle of April.
> Thanks for your time and thought
> Brian
unsubscribe or change options: