[pct-l] Hey all - guidebooks and maps

yogi yogihikes at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 5 14:21:38 CST 2006

In my opinion, the most important books/maps to
purchase are the Wilderness Press PCT Guidebooks.
They contain all the trail information/maps you need
to find your way from Mexico to Canada.  These books
are essential.

There is also a CD-ROM called "More Than A Mile",
which has printable color maps of the PCT.  These maps
are basically the same as the Wilderness Press maps,
except these are in color, and you print them yourself
(this will be expensive to do).  These maps are
incredibly detailed, really cool, and you can
customize the zoom to fit your needs.

The "Tom Harrison JMP Map Pack" is incredibly helpful
for your trek through the Sierra --- unless you're
using the "More Than A Mile" maps.  They're basically
the same.

I also highly recommend using the PCT Data Book ---
basically an extremely condensed version of the raw
data contained in the Wilderness Press Books.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com