[pct-l] Was: Leaving List Now: Back On Track - Info requested on down pullovers

Jack "Union" Haskel hikerunion at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 16:09:15 CST 2006

Some thoughts:

- Don't drop a warm hat. It's a pretty key item. And would be worn in a
sleeping bag when you wouldn't have the jacket on.

- I'd buy the hoodless version most likely. But my experience with down
hoods is that they're a whole lot warmer than a fleece hat. Food for thought
if you want a really warm jacket.

- The Nunatak is easily two, probably, three times warmer than the Montbell
Down Sweater. Not to say that the down sweater wouldn't be adequate!
Personally, that's what I'd buy because it's cheaper, lighter and provides
adequate warmth from summer backpacking. But the Nunatak is a better
jacket.. Even warmer than the much loved Western Mountaineering Flight
(which should also be considered).