[pct-l] Ultralight Down Coats: FF or WM?

Point North pointnorther_light at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 20:45:10 CST 2006

Don't know about the FF products, but the shell on the WM Flight Jacket (Jacket, not Coat) is very fragile indeed.  Tore on me easily when caught on a very small branch.  Supposedly WM is going to make future Flight Jackets with a more durable shell.

There is no way I would use any down jacket as a doggie bed, period.

Deems <losthiker at sisqtel.net> wrote: I've researched this down coat question for over a year, and it would be
nice to hear from some of the field testers that took the step and bought
either the Feathered Friends Hyperion Epic coat (11oz) or the Western
Mountaineering Flight coat (10oz). The WMF coat shell seems a might fragile
to me, and it would be my dog's warm bed each night.  This coat would be
used for summer Sierra and PCT type hike scenarios..I lean towards the FF
since I have a FF Hummingbird bag,  but I would like to hear from the crowd
about their experiences with either coat, pros and cons.

unsubscribe or change options: