[pct-l] Mont Bell down sweater

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Wed Dec 6 12:04:42 CST 2006

Great feedback! Thanks.

I'll still pack my Marmot Oracle shell. A bit heavier than the Frog
Togs, but it's remarkably comfortable while being totally waterproof and
very breathable. Even against bare skin during cold weather. It doesn't
feel clammy like some other waterproof shells do. I'd use it over the
delicate fabric the current crop of UL down sweaters use.

RE the cold hands- I picked up a pair of TNF fleece glove in a bargain
bin at REI a long time ago. Even when soaking wet, they keep my hands
warm! But after a day of wet hiking with trekking poles, they get to
smelling mighty nasty... Though the smell can get rinsed off fairly
easily. I've been on the lookout for something much thinner- more of a
wind block skin. My hands only get cold when wet and exposed.

Michael  Saenz
Associate Partner

MVE & Partners, Inc. | Architecture + Planning + Interiors
Irvine + Oakland + Honolulu

1900 Main Street, Suite 800 | Irvine, California 92614-7318 | T
949.809.3388 | www.mve-architects.com