[pct-l] [OT] What is anti-social

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Wed Dec 6 17:58:17 CST 2006

Wanting to hike alone sounds anti-social to me. Being with people is social, so wanting to be without people is anti-social. That's just the way "anti" works. And now we're into a discussion on language instead of hiking.

This doesn't make hiking alone a bad thing, that's some people's preconcevied idea that being social is nice and thsu anti-social is bad. I am certainly hoping for some alone time too, and in such cases I will be being anti-"social".

~Craig