[pct-l] Mont Bell down sweater

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Wed Dec 6 19:20:39 CST 2006

It's not an issue with a reduction in my core temperature, but of wet
skin exposed to cold wind. Just getting the wind off my hands keeps them
warm. Gripping my poles and walking pumps plenty of warm blood through
my hands. That's what my gloves do even when wet: keeps the wind off of
them.

I've eyed cyclist gloves for this, but there are still times when it's
just plain cold and fleece gloves are comfy. I've also seen some gloves
made of thinner high-tech fleece that probably are lighter/warmer/more
protective, but since my old gloves do the trick, I don't do anything
more than look.

Michael  Saenz
Associate Partner

MVE & Partners, Inc. | Architecture + Planning + Interiors
Irvine + Oakland + Honolulu

1900 Main Street, Suite 800 | Irvine, California 92614-7318 | T
949.809.3388 | www.mve-architects.com