[pct-l] White Water reroute

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Wed Dec 6 19:26:18 CST 2006

Interesting. I just got this message yesterday. (I know nothing other than
what is written below):

update from Laurence  the Spring-Guy;  Old owners of whitewater trout-farm
Oasis have denied access from PCT, over the old California Riding and Hiking
Trail, to the otherwise"open to the public" campgrounds and facilities for
years.  Recent acquisition by one of the local Conservancy groups, coupled
with persistent requests for access (in light of our loss of the
"Pink-Motel") has resulted in full permission to use the old
connector/feeder trail, and a welcoming offer to PCT-hikers to use the
campground facilities during the 2007 hiking season.  Lush green shade, a
little grass, water, BBQ fire-box, a shower and maybe even one of the ol'
cabins.  Also good County Road access for trail-angel support or resupply.

another update: The Mesa Wind Farm supervisor at the Industrial building in
the canyon (north of the PCT-Cottonwood trail-head), has given an open
invitation to hikers  for water, and when asked,allowed some-few to use the
shower in the building during business hours, for the 2006 hiking-season.