[pct-l] Was: Leaving List Now: Back On Track - Inforequested ondown pullovers

Monty Tam metam01 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 7 15:01:05 CST 2006

I have the Montbell Inner Down jacket.
My XL is 7.0 ozs.  I think this may be under the average weight a hair.
The front opens.  If it didn't I would be taking it off and on constantly
between temperature changes from uphill, downhill, sun, shade, wind and
other temperature variations (Like the Sierras).  Even being able to do
that, I sweated so bad up San Gorgonio a couple of times lately that it
needs to be cleaned/deodorized before I can wear it upwind of other hikers
again.  A light wind shirt over it makes a big difference in warmth.
  http://tinyurl.com/yj2ag8

I used a pullover for the Washington PCT in June 2005.  I thought my poncho
was leaking because I had so much moisture on the inside.  Sweat.
Used the Inner Down non pullover type jacket for the Oregon PCT right after
that.  HUGE difference.

Warner Springs Monty

and weight-to-warmth efficiency.  When I bought it, they called it the
"inner liner."

Imho,
> >being able to open the front gives the garment greater versatility.  It
is
> >quilted in a sewn-through pattern - but I have not noticed any cold spots
> >around the stitching as one might in a sleeping bag.    I've also got
their
> >down pants - they really help on those cold Sierran nights.
> >
> >Hmmmnn...6.7 oz at $140.00 vs the 9.7 oz Nunatak at $299 - food for
thought!

> >Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
> >PCT partially '94
> >
> >www.pcta.org
> >Join Now!
> >
> >Ceanothus (see-ah-no-thus) or California lilac:  Shrubs or small trees,
> >often with divaricate, sometimes spiny, twigs...[flowers] small but
showy,
> >white to blue or purplish, sometimes lavender or pinkish, borne in
terminal
> >or lateral panicles or umbellike cymes.
> >                                                               Philip A.
> >Munz