[pct-l] Sleeping bag question

Ralph Alcorn rbalcorn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 13:21:24 CST 2006

We had a similar situation last winter when snow camping for the 1st time.
One of our bags was a 20 degree, the other 15. I don't know about the
Western Mountaineering liner. What we did was get Mountain Hardwear bivys,
and also use silk sleep sack liners. I don't know that the silk liner
helped, but the bivy definitely does. Mtn Hdwr says it adds 15 degrees, but
the additional advantage is that you don't worry as much about rolling up
against the wall of a snow cave, or the wall of a tent lined with ice.
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/camino2.html