[pct-l] thank you for the encouragement!

Linda Bakkar lbakkar at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 8 21:11:13 CST 2006

I want to thank all the people who have responded to my post about needing
encouragement.  I am especially surprised that there are so many
long-distance hikers out there in the near-retirement age, or older!  That
alone is inspiring!  But the words that each of you, old or young, sent to
me have buoyed me up. I tried to respond to each individually, but I want to
send a general message too.

I am saving all the responses, and I plan to print them out and put them in
a notebook.  Then, every now and then, I will get them out to read,
especially if someone outside my hiking crowd tells me I am being
unrealistic to plan a thru-hike at my age.

I will take your words to heart, and listen to the advice that many of you
sent me.  Then, I will go out there and hike that trail, and absorb the
exquisite beauty that is around every bend, near my trail shoes, or in the
distance...

Thank you.

Lindy
North of Seattle