[pct-l] America the Beatiful

Steve Courtway scourtway at bpa-arch.com
Wed Dec 13 15:55:14 CST 2006

You're right, in Southern California, we have the Forest Adventure Pass
system, you buy an anual "pass" for 30 bucks (a 2nd one is 5 bucks more) ((I
think those numbers are correct, as I adhere to the requirement part-time)),
which allows you to park at Cleveland, San Bernardino, Los Padres, and
Angeles National Forest Trailheads.  Only within the last couple years have
the "adventure" passes been enforced on Mt. Laguna -  If you don't display a
pass, a ticket is left on your windshield to the tune of 5 bucks.  (I've
never paid one with no ill-results).  This summer, while camped at Mineral
King, and paying the new $12/night fee, I observed two rangers who were
picking up trash.  Rollll in, empty a trash can, stretch, look around, play
a little grab-ass, maybe empty another one, stretch a little more, look
around, smooch some more.  I don't feel so bad for skipping out on National
Forest Fees now and again.