[pct-l] New Tent Poles

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Dec 15 02:32:45 CST 2006

Here is something  interesting.  Go to
_http://www.eastonpoles.com/mountain/default.htm_ (http://www.eastonpoles.com/mountain/default.htm)  for  custom
tent poles.

I ordered their Carbon FX  Version for my Big Agnes Seedhouse SL solo tent.
Looks like I will save  around 20-30% in pole weight.  Neat.

With super light TI tent stakes, I  would guess that the trail weight will be
just over 2 pounds for this all  netting/stargazing freestanding tent.  Not
bad at all for the features  I have in this shelter.

My big three will easily be under 5  pounds; shelter, backpack (GoLite Ray
Jardine Breeze), and sleeping bag  (Nunatakusa.com Ghost long bag).  Or 2.2 +
1.1 + 1.1 pounds = 4.4 to 4.6  pounds.  Note: I also carry a belly pack too.
Being under 5 pounds  has always been a standard/goal of mine for the big three.

No compromise in safety, comfort,  or fun with this weight reduction.

Cheers, Switchback the Trail  Pirate