[pct-l] Maildrops

Monty Tam metam01 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 17 14:49:40 CST 2006

I use lots of maildrops.
They vary per location.
Although I haven't worked out how yet, this year, again, I'll try to send my
packages two weeks before I need them.
Some post offices do not like to and some I hear (Ashland, OR) do not hold
packages for longer than a couple of weeks.
Snoqualomine Pass is not a real post office but the postmaster-like person
will hold your package if  you call in advance(about 5-10 days) near the
time of pickup.
Otherwise it's stored in a distant post office where you have to hitch lots
of miles to get it.   There's an Inn next door that will hold a package.
One location(Crater Lake store) had a lot of trouble... looked three
times... took lots of time to find a package that I sent a month too early.
Some of these post offices are very, very small and it would be kind to not
send them anything to store for a long time.  (Laguna, Warner Springs, ,
Tuolomne Meadows, Beldon (the PO is in a person's home), Old Station to name
a few).

There's trail angels on this list that accept packages. They know more than
I do about works for them.

Warner Springs Monty