[pct-l] Idyllwild and Tahquitz Inn situation ... here's an idea.

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Tue Dec 19 19:26:06 CST 2006

How about this:  If the Tahquitz Inn folks have had a few bad apples give
them the impression that hikers as a whole aren't appreciative (I too
enjoyed a great break there in 03) then let's collectively do something to
remind them.

We could each write a letter thanking them for the
discount/hospitality/trail ride/etc, send them all to one of us (I
volunteer, though I'm in Canada so maybe someone on the other side of the
border might make more sense) include some gifts, maybe the WALK DVD's
and/or Weather Carrot's discs, perhaps each include a picture from the trail
in that area, or from the inn itself when we were there.  Once it's all
bundled together, send them the little care package and hope it reminds them
of how many of us really do appreciate all the help and generosity enough to
wash away the aftertaste of aforementioned "bad apples."

My other idea was that we each send them a stinky sock and maybe the smells
would bring back many fond memories for them.  Either or.  Obviously both
brilliant ideas.

Paul