[pct-l] Scott Williamson's Workshops

Perkins, Perry Perry.Perkins at xerox.com
Wed Dec 20 11:12:30 CST 2006

Hey all,

I don't post often, but read the list daily and have for a couple of
years now. I guess people who hide behind the anonymity of the internet
so that they can rudely flex their e-muscles without any concern for
actual reprisal, piss me off.

To comment on several of the "Scott Williamson's Workshops" comments at
once:

1. So...what do YOU do to "whore" for money? If that's your definition
of making a living, I guess I'm whore for a major printer manufacturer,
and write books on the side to whore to the reading public. Unless
you're living on a trust fund (in which case, I suppose, you're whoring
to mommy and daddy) SOMEBODY is writing you a check in trade for your
time and physical efforts. Maybe you're just pissed because Scott has
found a more enjoyable way to whore?

2. "You can call me whatever names you want to if it makes you feel
better about
Yourself..."

Um...didn't you start out by calling Scott a whore?

3. Regarding the quote:

"I intentionally omitted Ned Tibbits Mountaineering School, as I feel
such an institution is truly a great benefit to the inexperienced, early

season hiker."

Now this really cracks me up. So, it's whoring unless YOU think it's
valuable? Then it's a "great benefit to the inexperienced." Nice.

4. And lastly:

"Any avid equestrian would probably roll their eyes at the notion of
spending
their time and hard earned dollars at a 'Dude Ranch'. So it would be
with
the independent hiker who hikes because they enjoy it."

Hmmm...I have a couple of friends that compete professionally in
equestrian events and happen to know that they (and their parents) paid
gobs of money for years of private lessons from knowledgeable trainers.

Perhaps not the best analogy.

No, I don't know Scott, and I've never attended any of his classes, (but
I suppose that since I disagree with the flame, I'm still a "straw-man"
do I get a cool t-shirt or something?) but I've read a bit about Scott
here and online and as far as I'm concerned, if a guy can make a living
doing what he loves, more power to him.

As with most things in this great country, if you don't like/agree with
his classes, you don't have to take them.

-Perry