[pct-l] Admin Note: "Scott Williamson's Workshops"

Brick Robbins brick at fastpack.com
Wed Dec 20 12:06:53 CST 2006

I go play in the snow at Mt Laguna for a day, and things start getting
a little warm.

According to the rules of this forum, occasional commercial posts
relating to the PCT are allowed. EVERYONE who traverses the PCT buys
stuff for their hike, or pay for services. The stuff many of use is so
esoteric, that we are WAY out on the long tail
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_tail
If we want those products to be available, we have to give the
creators a way to reach their market. This forum is one of those ways.

According to the rules of this forum, flaming, or personal attacks are not.

Accusing a list member of being a whore for advertising something
related to the PCT is a flame and is not appropriate.

Please do not post anymore attacks against, nor any defences of
Scott's workshops.

The members attacking any "commercialization of the pct" sound so like
the people opposing "The Commercialization of the Internet" about a
dozen years ago, the arguments are banal for those of us who lived
through that.

And FWIW, PCT-L turns 10 in February.

Now go play nice, and try to all get along.

--
Brick Robbins
PCT-L List Admin
brick at fastpack.com