[pct-l] 2007 PCT Lake Morena Kickoff Holiday Gift

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Dec 21 11:53:39 CST 2006

As a  wonderful holiday gift and marketing ploy to all of you, I am proud to
announce  that once again your pal, Switchback, will be offering a seminar at
the April  Kickoff at Lake  Morena in 2007.  This year’s seminar was well
attended.  We have the WagonMaster to thank for allowing me to again hold a
seminar at the Kickoff.
The  seminar will be different because I will talk exclusively about
SuperSecrets of  Backpacking and Rhythm of the Trail.  Only a few people in the world
know these inside techniques for the  trail.  Many are at
PostHoler.com/Switchback Unchained.  This will prepare you for your double Yo-Yo of the  PCT.
Normally, I charge $1400 per person for these  seminars.  But as a special
for the  hiking community, the Kickoff seminar will be FREE.  I will also be
available to autograph  your backpack.  I might be able to  get Reinhold, Can’
tQuit, and Rattlesnake to help me with the seminar as added  attractions.  May be
Yo-Yo Scott  would like to help too.  Of course,  I will still be the center
of attention.  If any of you want to help, let  me know.
There  is no sign up (normally there is a $500 nonrefundable reserve for a
seminar seat  on the ground).  Just read the event  board at the Kickoff and
come on over to the location under a shady tree.  I will try to set it up at my
gear  weighing/reflective tent stake painting/free Pringles  table.

There  will be the usual guard dogs to alert on the Terminator female
leadership types  who try to infiltrate our defensive perimeter.  The more advance
models who are liquid  metal and can squeeze through our razor wire fence are
more of a problem.  They look almost normal and can  initially fool you.  I am
open to  suggestions on how to protect ourselves from  them.
As a  bonus to seminar participants, each will get a certificate suitable for
framing;  “Switchback's Backpacking Seminar Completion Certification”.
These will be valued like the Triple  Crown certificates.
Thank  you for your attention and see you in April.  By the way, some of us
are headed to the  Grand Canyon in February for an expedition, so  I might see
some of you there.
If you  have any questions, just contact me.
Your  pal, Switchback the Trail Pirate
Seminar  Motto: “You get what you pay  for.”