[pct-l] Trail Ales and stoves

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Fri Dec 22 17:23:27 CST 2006

afterwards..
Stove tests are very dynamic, and may not match one's expectations in every
lab or campsite. In that, a small stove may out perform a large stove, in
one situation, doesn't mean that it is more efficient or suitable to the
hikers needs. My stoves are designed to boil water, and be fuel efficient;
which means other stoves might boil the same amount of water faster..or with
more fuel. The Fat Pika, in the pics, has been trail tested over many months
by three long trail testers, and each one loves it. To date, no meltdowns,
or blowups on the pad have occurred. It can boil 2 quarts or 1 cup in the
same session. It's geared towards the hiker that needs to boil more water in
a session than a pepsi, cat stove, or most any other alcohol stove can. This
is where this one beer can alcohol stove stands alone in the wilderness.
Below are the CDT tester's boil times compared with an MSR-XGK stove. 4:20
dude..
Stove         Potsize    Water      Time to boil