[pct-l] Need Ride/Info for Section D

Steve Schumm steveschummdds at msn.com
Fri Dec 22 19:08:12 CST 2006

I am hoping to hike the PCT from Swarthout Canyon Rd. to Vincent Gap
sometime between Christmas and New Year. For planning purposes I would
find it very helpful to know the general conditions in that area just
prior to my hike. If you live or are in that area frequently I was
wondering if I might impose upon you by contacting you just prior to
my hike for any information that you might be able to provide.

I plan to leave my vehicle at the parking area at Vincent Gap and find
a way back down to Swarthout Canyon Rd. I am very willing to pay for a
ride between these points. If you know a taxi service in Wrightwood or of anyone that might be interested in providing a ride or has any information about the area I
would greatly appreciate being contacted. I plan on doing this hike
solo but would welcome anyone who wants to come along if our plans
would work out to mutual benefit. Considering the short daylight hours
and travel time to the area I will probably allow three days for this
hike.

Any information or suggestions you can provide would be most welcome.
You can contact me off list at my e-mail address steveschummdds at msn.com<mailto:steveschummdds at msn.com>

Thanks,
Steve