[pct-l] Get the ALDHA "Don't be an Animal" poster

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 19:19:47 CST 2006

Jack AT 94, PCT 01 wrote:
.   ALDHA has created posters to try getting this message across

Good idea Jack
That poster reads "Just because you live in the woods doesn't mean you can
live like an animal"
as part of what they called the "Endangered Services Campaign"
This poster is available for all of us to post anywhere on the trail.

Carl Rush wrote:
> Perhaps this should be brought up at the ADZPCTKO,

Tortoise wrote:
I think the hiker awareness campaign at KO is important

I think the Kick Off coordinators do also.  A Kick Off coorinator who knew
about the Poster that Bill from ALDHA created
 wanted to make copies.

I was able to get the original poster pfd and permission to use it with the
following note.

On Dec. 6th ALDHA East Bill wrote:

Hi Monty,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but it took me a while to
locate the original file for that poster, which I created 10 years ago (!)

But thanks to your note, I took the time to retrieve that long-lost file,
and have now converted it into a PDF, making it much easier and much
sharper for folks to reproduce.

Attached is a copy of that PDF. Feel free to use it any way you deem fit.
Posting it in stores or other in-town places where hikers gather is
probably your best bet.

If I think of anything else to help out in this regard, I'll send it along.

Good luck,

bill

I can't send an attachment to the list, but I can send the poster to
individuals.  Email me I'll squeeze this full megabyte file through my 26K
backcountry phone line directly to your computer.  It prints out an 8 1/2 X
11 black and white from a pfd.

For the guy that only tips 8%, you can have the poster for free but please
make a donation to the PCTA  :)

Warner Springs Monty