[pct-l] Whores and the Tahquitz Inn

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sun Dec 24 21:15:05 CST 2006

I heard a similar story about 2005 hikers trashing a motel room in
Etna.  If I owned a motel type business used by hikers I would make it
very clear up front what the expectations are - in particular, if three
people rent a room, then three people stay in it, no more.  I would have
a written sheet with the story of the decision and why the rules will be
enforced.  I would ask any groups related to the PCT to support business
owners clarification of expectations with a different set of stories and
reasons for so supporting.  My guess is that it is the "pack" mentality
that promotes this kind of behavior while not causing it.

Jeff, just Jeff...