[pct-l] Trip vs. Mountain Tripper

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at citlink.net
Tue Dec 26 16:12:51 CST 2006

    ProDeal, No they aren't the same person...but thank you for your response.  Trip is a young man who came through here in Old Station, Shasta County about mid- July.  He was from the Portland area, Aloha comes to mind tho my mind isn't all is should be, I'm sure.  Mt. Tripper is, I'd guess, in his mid to late 50's and he gave his home town as Phoenix, AZ..  I tried yesterday to reach someone at the number I got from 411, and got an answering machine.  The message was in  woman's voice...don't know if Mt. Tripper has a wife, girl friend, daughter, etc., does anyone else know???  I'm going to try the number again, because no one has returned my call.  The holidays make it hard.
The thing I remember well about Trip, besides he was very young and a sweetie was the condition of the pants he was wearing.  One of our other guests helped him find another pair at a resale place in Burney when It became apparent that my sewing machine and I could only perform small miracles, and that the seat of his britches was well beyond that.  I will not ask my machine to go through layers and layers of duc-tape, for example, and to try to remove all those layers was to further shred the pants.till there was no seat left at all.  He left here feeling quite princely in his new duds.  We very reverently consigned his old pants to a ceremonial campfire a night or two later.  Many kind remarks were made concerning the job they had done and their overall resiliency, considering that they were purchased from a Gap store, somewhere near the Mexican border, and were never intended to do what Trip had asked of them.
I've just tried the Phoenix number I have again and again I got the answering machine.  Hopefully, someone will return my calls soon.
Thanks all....
Georgi