[pct-l] Shires Rainbow

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Wed Dec 27 17:28:56 CST 2006

Just finally got some time to check out my new Shires Rainbow.

Very exciting!  What a fantastic design!  I love the open view out the side,
the headroom, and the stake free setup rocks.  I'm really looking forward to
calling this thing home each night on the trail next year.    I can tell
already I'm going to find it much more comfortable than the traditional
tarptent design, and the setup couldn't really be easier.

The only thing that might make it a bit faster to set up would be plastic
clips to attach the ridge pole ends to the trekking pole centers.  I'm a
little worried about the longevity of the velcro there too, given how hard
it'll be to keep them clean.

Anyway, looks to me like it's got a smaller footprint than the tarptent, but
so much more comfortable inside!  I'm stoked.  :-)

Cheers,
Paul