[pct-l] Hiker Tipping

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Dec 28 10:39:23 CST 2006

I like to offer to compensate folks  who help me along the trail with money
and a big thanks.

If they do not want anything, I  tell them it is for the other hikers who
come along.  It is for gas, etc.  to help others too.  It is not for them helping
me.  It is to  support their effort to help others too. This works almost
every time.

I remember one time coming out of  the Sierras and hitchhiking down highway
395, I told a lady (who wanted  nothing) as she let me out at Lone Pine, that
the $20 was for her car and  not for her.  It had done a good job and I wanted
to reward it with oil and  gas.

She then took the  money.  :-)

Switchback