[pct-l] Drakesbad info for PCT hikers

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Thu Dec 28 15:58:04 CST 2006

Personally, I would skip Chester, especially if you are willing to use mail drops.  I used a mail drop in Beldon and than carried 3-4 days of food to Old Station.  If you didn't want to carry 3-4 days you could send a drop to Drakesbad.  My goal, though, was to minimize town stops and I know that this wasn't the goal of everyone.

I will give a shout to the Timber Lodge though based on previous visits.  There is a fantastic bar there that serves up a mean Prairie Fire.

Elevator
From: Pea Hicks <phix at optigan.com>