[pct-l] When to start carrying bear can

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 17:47:17 CST 2006

Independence??
I may have to recheck this one, but, if you time it right, with luck, you
can pretty much use bear boxes until you get to Independence. Your risk and
it takes some research for their locations..  The Whitney Portal store may
still rent Canisters out of their store in downtown Lone Pine, small hitch
south, and let you ship it back to them when you're done with it.  Other
than that there's a post office in "Downtown" Independence to have one
shipped to you.

Easier
Kennedy Meadows

Warner Springs Monty