[pct-l] yo-yo section hiking

David Hough on pct-l pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 31 18:11:53 CST 2006

I'd like to warn Switchback and anybody else that gets
excited about this "new" concept (really new
terminology
for an old concept).

I'ts BORING.    And time-consuming.    Switchback is
no spring chicken and neither am I.   We don't have
time
to yoyo all the way to Manning.    I tried, starting
in 2001.    My original plan was up at the top of this
page:

http://pcnst.oakapple.net/

But my revised plan is at the top of

http://pcnst.oakapple.net/future/

I wanted to avoid the car shuttle problem, but
finally gave up and rely on the many kind readers
of this list to help me shuttle.

It's one thing to do a big yoyo and see the same
scenery months later in the other direction (but
Washington looks about the same I guess).    But
seeing it again a few hours or days later isn't so
interesting, although it's never exactly the same.

The big unexplored final frontier of PCT yoyoing
might be to yoyo from Manning to Campo and back.
Without wintering in Campo.