[pct-l] Good Altimeter Watch

Jim Keener jlkeener at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 19:44:13 CDT 2006

Greetings:

I have worn a Suunto Vector for three years. I have
found it reliable and accurate within reasonable
parameters. As has been stated, changes in atmospheric
pressure will cause variations in altitude reporting.
The way(s) I work around that are 1) checking the
elevation before going to sleep and re-setting in the
morning if a significant difference is shown; 2)
checking elevation during a hike against map contours
and/or other sources, such as the data book.

I depend on the Vector as an indispensable aid.

Regards,
J J