[pct-l] Best map - Manning to Stehekin

msarahm at cox.net msarahm at cox.net
Mon Jul 17 13:05:03 CDT 2006

I plan to walk from Manning to Stehekin some time in August.  I think getting the entire Washington book or PCT handbook would be overkill for this relatively short hike where I don't plan to resupply.

What is the best resource for a good topo map for this jaunt?  I looked on mytopo.com, but I don't see the PCT marked by name, so I wasn't sure if I was fully covering the trail.

Is there anything else I should be aware of other than the need for cash in Stehekin?

I will have my US passport, but I'm under the impression that nobody really checks the re-entry to the US?

Is the Manning Lodge near the trail head, and can I get a good breakfast there before hitting the trail?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah