[pct-l] concerned parent

Monty Tam metam01 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 18 14:23:18 CDT 2006

Vicki

All good points especially food and Mosquito repellant.
There's plenty of water.

There's also a Ranger stationed very near the trail just north of Pinchot
Pass.  He would probably reach this point early the second day.
She may or may not have been there when he passed through.  She arrives at
her station about mid July and has a radio.  If it's the same ranger this
year, her name is Roxanne.  Very nice person.

There should be other hikers on the trail too.  Hikers help
hikers.......... sometimes with food too.

If all goes well for him, .................... this was one of my favorite
parts of this world.

I rechecked the mileage.  102 from parking lot to the resort.  20 miles a
day can be a lot especially over snowy passes.

No advise on what action to take here.  I'd just calculate today as a
likely day to arrive at Vermilion using thru-hiker speed.

Monty