[pct-l] Pacific Crest Trailway

JoAnn M. jomike at cot.net
Thu Jul 20 14:51:47 CDT 2006

I was bidding on and/or watching the bids on the one that sold yesterday (19th) on eBay. It was my first experience on eBay and bidding. I did fine till literally the last 90 to 60 seconds. My final bid never even showed due to others sneaking in ahead of me.

BUT, since I have the most wonderful man in the world as my husband and, knowing how heart broken I was to lose out on the book, unbeknownst to me, he went on line at fruggle.Google.com and found only one copy of Clarke's 1945 book and it was at Biblio.com. He paid exactly $200 (it has the sketches and maps in their pockets) and only $3 for shipping from Camden, Maine to me in CA.

This is one happy (and some might say spoiled) woman, wife and hiker!

JoAnn