[pct-l] Public Notice

Bighummel at aol.com Bighummel at aol.com
Fri Jul 21 11:36:30 CDT 2006

In a message dated 7/20/2006 10:54:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Hiker97 at aol.com writes:
I say the PCT should end at the top  of Mt. McKinley.

When planning my hike I confired with the famous wilderness writer and
adventurer, Roderick Nash, who was teaching in the environment dept. at UCSB back in
the late '70's.  Upon hearing of my plans he challenged me to do something
perhaps no other had done rather than just follow in the footsteps of many
others; that is walk across British Columbia.  I considered this for a month or two
and did some research and realized that this would be way outside of my
experience, equipment familiarity and perhaps capability for handling the
loneliness of such a solitary venture.

Only later did I realize that about 4 dozen sets of footprints had proceeded
me on this trail.

Greg