[pct-l] Dead Hiker and section F

Steven King sfking00 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 14:54:21 CDT 2006

Hmmm, I passed some guy sprawled along side the trail
about 7 miles short of golden oak spring on the 8th of
july.  He looked messed up and I though at first he
had passed out 'cause of the heat, but he looked up
when I approached and responded to my hello, so I went
on.  I was surprised he never showed up at the spring
as from the tracks he seemed to have been north bound.
 I wonder if it was the same guy.

Despite the heat (and now the humidity) its still
hikable out here, you just have sit out the afternoon
heat.  Currently, I'm in Lake Isabella, where its
supposed to get to 109 today, and I'm headed back to
Walker Pass to continue on to KM.  Oh, and what out
for the bears around Robin Bird Spring.  And McIver
Spring is polluted by cattle and horses.

Virgil