[pct-l] Greetings from Lewis and Clark country

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 24 12:24:04 CDT 2006

Howdy all...

I am now at the 500+ mile mark. AND MY SHOES SHOW IT!
:D

Currently in Salmon, ID. Picked up some new shoes
(yeah!) and taking a zero mileage day. Think after
hiking 500+ miles, I can take a day off. :-)

As Jeff mentioned on CDT-L, saw him on my way to Storm
Lake. Many thanks for the caffiene and sugar Jeff!

Supposedly this town is where Sacagawea was born (or
at least in this area!). Of course, there is ANOTHER
town that also makes the claim, too. Safe to say she
was born somewhere in this vicinity. Been passing many
L&C sites. Should have brought my abridged L&C
journals for the MT/ID  section of the CDT. C'est la
vie!

To further whet my history buff appetite, I am also in
the area where Chief Joseph and the Nez Pierce fled
the American troops. An epic walk that makes my jaunt
look quite tame. If I had the time, could easily spend
weeks following the routesof L&C or the Nez Pierce.

Received some care packages. Thanks! As a side note,
be sure to send the packages to Paul MAGNANTI not Paul
MAGS. :D The POs in these small towns are pretty laid
back..but there was some confusion for a brief time.
Lucily my nickname/trail name is easy to figure out.

Thanks to everyone as always. Looks like friend Emily
posted some pics to go with my journal!

until next time!