[pct-l] Sleeping mats

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Tue Jul 25 05:42:37 CDT 2006

Hello All,
	I'm looking at buying a sleeping mat while I have someone in America
to pick it up for me, I only have a couple off days to decide or it
won't get to the store before my dad has to get on the plane to come
back. So I'm looking for some quick advice. I thought I had
previously heard of Z-Rest sleeping mats, but checking out REI.com I
only see Therm-a-rest Z-Lites, I assume I just misread the notes
before. Anyway, what are people thoughts on those. The egg-carton
pattern looks like it makes sense, getting more lift from the same
amount of foam/weight, packing in to a similar space as a roll-up
mat. Are there other ones to consider? I currently have a "self-
inflating" one, but the lining came away from the foam, so a big
bubble has appeared on one side. Now solid foam seems like the way to
go, how can that break?

Cheers,
	Craig