[pct-l] Bear Can Use

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Jul 27 21:21:40 CDT 2006

I recommend using the Solo  BearVault or may be the Ursack.  Of course, if
these are approved.   The Solo is under 2 pounds and very nice.

I like the Solo for any trip  application, where you need a canister  Even if
it is from KM to Reds  Meadows.  My plan is that all I need is enough food to
get me out to a  resupply if I get hit.  Otherwise, I just normally hang food
in a  tree.  The Ursack might be great for that.

I have never lost food to a  bear.  I like to put reflective tape on my Solo
bear can and then located  somewhere where I can see it from my camp spot.  If
there is any  bear action, then I can watch it.  The reflective tape is good
for  finding the can in the dark early morning if it gets knocked around by a
bear at night.

Switchback
Low Life Hippie Trail  Trash