[pct-l] Oregon Fire Info

Wayne Kraft wayneskraft at comcast.net
Mon Jul 31 20:42:11 CDT 2006

Faster traffic, but more of it.  You can try to yogi a ride from the
tourists at McKenzie Pass or you can try the PCT trailhead at Santiam
Pass.  On weekends there are people coming and going almost all the
time at both locations, but you've got 100% hikers at Santiam Pass.
On weekdays you might find more people at McKenzie. Maybe.  When I
cross Santiam Pass in a car I usually pull into the trailhead and ask
anyone there if they need a ride. Reverse yogi.  Igoy.