[pct-l] A True Hero

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Nov 1 04:20:27 CST 2006

DONNA,
Having served in the USMC in Vietnam and my son doing two tours of duty in
Iraq and Afghanistan as a Ranger and the Special Forces I know how you, as a
mother, must feel.
Yes, there should be better reasons for being proud of your son yet, there
is no act more noble than serving your country during a time of war and
risking your life to save the lives of your comrades, that is what heroism
is all about and being a medic in a combat unit, you can be assured that Tom
is the most beloved and liked member in his unit.
Everybody loves  '' DOC'',  as we called him in the Marine Corps, he always
has something to make you feel better when you are in pain and is always
there to bandage you up when you are wounded risking his life to save your
life.
He could have been hiking the PCT..........He chose to serve his country
instead...........A real live action hero and patriot.

YES  I  AM  PROUD  OF  TOM  AND  ALL  OF  OUR  TROOPS  WHEREVER THEY  MAY
BE

Semper Fi!
JMT Reinhold
Sgt. USMC 1964-68 and support our troops crusader