[pct-l] ''Believer'' - Water Purification

Eckert jape at nethere.com
Sun Nov 5 14:42:29 CST 2006

This article supports my contention that one can't give one's self
Giardia.  If the symptons occur from the ingestion of fecal-born cysts,
and the cysts are procuced and passed from the intestinal track of an
infected person, then a non-infected person (out of contact with anyone
else) can't pass cysts that he can't make.  The cysts by definition must
come from the gut of a secondary individual or creature.

On the other hand, it sounds possible that an infected person might be
able to continue to re-infect himself if, through poor hygiene, he were
to ingest cysts from his own person.