[pct-l] 2-3 month section hike planning help

Chris Willett CWillett at pierce.ctc.edu
Tue Nov 7 08:54:07 CST 2006

Rather than starting in June with a lot of snow, why not put off the hike
for a few weeks?  You could wait until, say, July 1.  If you want to make
logistics as simple as possible, you could come in at Reds Meadow and hike
north from there without running in to really nasty snow (some but a lot
less).  You'll run into thruhikers at some point.  In the time in between
graduation and the PCT, do a few trips on the AT.

Suge