[pct-l] Development on PCT at the base of San Jacinto

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 11:01:44 CST 2006

An article in today's Los Angeles Times talks about several proposed
developments around the base of San Jacinto, including a 244-acre
parcel at the mouth of Snow Canyon.

The attorney for property owner Suzanne Somers (yes, that one) "said
his clients can now build an average of only one unit per acre instead
of six per acre, 'an obvious loss of millions in land value,'
particularly given that they would have to build a bridge expected to
cost millions to access the area."

"He said Somers and Hamel wanted to build 'something nice and unique'
on their site — perhaps an equestrian center, dude ranch or boutique
hotel — but would be willing to sell the land for a price he wouldn't
disclose."

Frankly, after seeing a number of wack developments in my city, I get
worried when developers say that want to build "something nice."
Invariably, it seems, their definition of "nice" doesn't include
anything natural or living.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-tram13nov13,0,2116658.story?coll=la-home-local