[pct-l] Emailing: hypocold

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sat Nov 18 11:49:37 CST 2006

Bob,

Jeff and I recently took a Wilderness Institute "wilderness first aid" course that Suzanne Wilson of the PCTA put together for folks maintaining the PCT.  The course was outstanding, informative, and truly invaluable.

One thing to be sensitive to about the "umbles" is that they will probably occur in exactly the opposite order in which you listed them.   The affected individual will begin with grumbling (a sign easy to dismiss), then progressively fumbling and mumbling, until finally reaching the more obvious of the symptoms, stumbling.  A keen eye to others' behaviors (and awareness of one's own) can address the condition earlier rather than later.

L-Rod