[pct-l] Shire's Rainbow Tent, thoughts?

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Mon Nov 20 19:57:01 CST 2006

What can I say, except this is why I chose Henry's Squall in the past, and
the Rainbow as my next trail tent. The symbiotic interaction between the
hiker and the designer-builder is critical to the improvement of the trail
shelter, adventure gear, and meeting the needs of the hiker is the goal for
all. I have 30+ years of tents/gear in my gear box, and have found none are
perfect for every situation.  However, I'm always open to new ideas and
interesting designs.  I have been in a few situations that were on the
ultralight hiker's edge of being a nightmare; and I felt it was time for
more ultralight security.  I did much research via the internet, received
input from hikers; and after going in a full circle, I am again happily
seeking my next ultralight shelter from the wilderness storms from Henry.
You'll hear from me soon. Thanks to all for their pro and con input.
www.tarptent.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~^^~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^~^^^^~~~~~~~~~~~^^^~^^~~
The current generation of Rainbow and Double Rainbow shelters do have a
built-in tension adjuster for the arch pole that takes care of stretch and
particularly shrinkage in very dry conditions. For those of you with the
original model, we're happy to retrofit it with an adjuster (if you want to
send it back) or send you an extra grommet tab to sew onto the end of the
one of the two existing grommets. That will add a "low humidity" position to
the grommets.

Thanks.

Henry Shires
Tarptent