[pct-l] Ground cloth - myth or requirement

Jim Keener jlkeener at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 12:37:23 CST 2006

Hi Jack,

I have a tarptent with no floor and a silnylon ground
cloth I had cut to fit the dimensions of the tarptent.
It served me well. I stuffed the ground cloth in an
outer pouch of my pack and could get it if I were
going to be sitting on damp ground, or wanted to take
a quick nap. The floorless tarptent let me put the
shelter up around my bed if bad weather came up during
the night. Happened three times, once at Chicken Lake.
I timed it. Three minutes, nineteen seconds from
decision to shelter.

Best,
J J

--- Jack Richardson <jackrichardson at adelphia.net>