[pct-l] 06' first attempt, 07' second?

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Tue Nov 21 20:47:20 CST 2006

In a message dated 11/21/2006 9:01:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
funkwithoutjunk at gmail.com writes:

Well I made it half way this year. Ran out of money at  Lake
Tahoe. I could have done it better if I had budgeted, but I  didnt.
This was back in July. I'm considering retrying it next year. Or  the
CDT. Undecided.

I also ran out of money, but came back the the next year to finish.  I
really had no desire to start from the beginning again for a couple  reasons.  I
wasn't too keen on hiking southern California again and thought  it best to
complete the trail rather than "thru-hike" the trail.  IMO,  except for the High
Sierra, north of Lake Tahoe was  the much better  half with few exceptions, two
being certain sections  in section O and the "checkerboard" in WA.

You'll probably find the CDT more expensive than the PCT as there's  very
little off trail support for hikers so you'll be spending more money on  motels,
etc.

I suppose if I were in your positions I'd let my finances decide....

Sly